- 1 Is Alexandria Minnesota a good place to live?
- 2 Is Alexandria MN a safe place to live?
- 3 What is Alexandria MN known for?
- 4 How large is Alexandria Minnesota?
- 5 Who founded Alexandria MN?
- 6 How old is Alexandria MN?
- 7 How many lakes are in Alexandria MN?
- 8 Where in Minnesota is Alexandria?
- 9 How did Alexandria MN get its name?
- 10 What is in Morris MN?
Is Alexandria Minnesota a good place to live?
Alexandria won the No. 5 honors on our list of Five Best Cities for Families in Minnesota, and what family wouldn’t want to live in Alex? It has a gorgeous downtown, an unbelievable number of lakes, and housing to fit the budget.
Is Alexandria MN a safe place to live?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Alexandria is 1 in 33. Based on FBI crime data, Alexandria is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Minnesota, Alexandria has a crime rate that is higher than 91% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is Alexandria MN known for?
Alexandria, a thriving city on the edge of Minnesota’s western prairie, is noted for its’ location among hundreds of clear, blue Minnesota lakes. It is a favorite vacation spot for thousands each year, and it is one of the fastest growing communities in the western part of the state.
How large is Alexandria Minnesota?
The rate of crime in Alexandria is 20.43 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Alexandria generally consider the northeast part of the city to be the safest.
Who founded Alexandria MN?
At the first meeting of the county board, two townships were established – Alexandria Township and Osakis Township. The settlement of Alexandria began when Alexander and William Kinkead built a log cabin and hotel along the shore of Lake Agnes in 1858. It was the Kinkead brothers who named the area “Alexandria”.
How old is Alexandria MN?
Alexandria harbored its first pioneer settlement in 1858 right before the start of the Civil War. Two brothers from the east coast, Alexander and William Kinkead, travelled west to settle in Minnesota.
How many lakes are in Alexandria MN?
The Alexandria area is home to over 350 lakes!
Where in Minnesota is Alexandria?
Alexandria is located in the heart of West Central Minnesota, along Interstate 94. Close proximity to the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul in Minnesota and Fargo, North Dakota have made Alexandria a thriving community.
How did Alexandria MN get its name?
Alexandria got its start in 1858 – the same year Minnesota became a state. Brothers Alexander and William Kinkead of Delaware traveled along the Red River Trail, stopping to establish a settlement on the shores of Lake Agnes. Alexander served as the first Postmaster. The town site was named “ Alexandria ” in his honor.
What is in Morris MN?
Best Things To Do near Morris, MN 56267
- Old No. 1 Bar & Grill. 0.5 mi.
- Stevens County Historical Museum. 0.6 mi. Museums.
- Morris Theatre. 0.4 mi. Cinema.
- Skyview Plaza. 1.0 mi. Shopping Centers.
- The Met Lounge. 0.4 mi. 1 review.
- Crystal Lanes & Entertainment Center. 1.1 mi.
- Morris Area Farmers Market. 0.3 mi.
- Lee Community Center. 0.7 mi.