- 1 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay today?
- 2 Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
- 3 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay in the winter?
- 4 Is Alexandria Bay NY Open?
- 5 How much does it cost to tour Boldt Castle?
- 6 What lake is Alexandria Bay on?
- 7 Are there beaches in Alexandria?
- 8 What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
- 9 Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
- 10 How do I get to 1000 islands?
- 11 Can you stay overnight at Boldt Castle?
- 12 Do you need a passport for Boldt Castle?
- 13 Why was Boldt Castle never finished?
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay today?
Top Attractions in Alexandria Bay
- Boldt Castle and Yacht House. 1,969. History Museums.
- Thousand Islands. 545. Islands.
- Heart Island. 198. Islands.
- Thousand Islands Bridge. 221. Bridges.
- Thousand Islands Winery. 241. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Wellesley Island. 163. State Parks • Islands.
- Boldt Yacht House. 168.
- Scenic View Park. Parks.
Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
The Alexandria Bay Public Beach is a sandy beach located near the business district of Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River. The beach is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and lifeguards are present throughout the summer.
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay in the winter?
Winter in Alexandria Bay offers the excitement and relaxation of get-away weekend luxury resorts. Cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating, ice fishing derbies, winter carnivals and festivals and Christmas events are just a few of the activities that keep The Bay alive in the colder months.
Is Alexandria Bay NY Open?
We are open daily through October 11th for the 2021 season! Today Boldt Castle, located near Alexandria Bay, NY in the famed 1000 Islands is once again becoming what it was always meant to be, the premier home and attraction in the region.
How much does it cost to tour Boldt Castle?
Adult – $6.00 (13+ years) Child – $4.00 (5-12 years) Infant – $0.00 (4 years and under) US Funds** A shuttle from Heart Island provides access to the Boldt Castle Yacht House.
What lake is Alexandria Bay on?
Lake of the Isles – A bay in Wellesley Island partly in the north part of Alexandria.
Are there beaches in Alexandria?
Alexandria: A Multitude of Sea Shores There are several exquisite beaches within the city and further down its coastline towards Marsa Matruh. Accessed from Al Montaza, The Palace Beach is the perfect location for fishing and a relaxing stroll or a romantic meander with your loved one.
What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
Fall is low-key and the best time to visit the 1000 Islands Region because it’s still warm, more beautiful than ever and it lacks the crowds of summer.
Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
Do I need a passport? Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises stay entirely in Canadian waters, so no passport is required for any of our cruises.
How do I get to 1000 islands?
Arguably, one of the most scenic ways to see the 1000 Islands is on a thrilling helicopter ride. 1000 Island Helicopter Tours, based in Gananoque, offers tours ranging in time from 10 minutes to an hour.
Can you stay overnight at Boldt Castle?
Boldt Castle is only open to the public during the day; there are no facilities for overnight accommodations. Fortunately, the nearby town of Alexandria Bay features a number of lodgings as well as restaurants serving guests to the Thousand Islands region.
Do you need a passport for Boldt Castle?
No, you do not. Since the boat boards and disembarks on US soil, there is no need for a passport, even though you cross the border. Even Heart Island/Boldt Castle is on US soil.
Why was Boldt Castle never finished?
The castle, which was close to completion but not quite finished, sat empty for 73 years. Weather, vandals who scribbled graffiti on its walls and the passage of time took a toll on the structure. Then, in 1977, the Thousand Islands Bridge Authority took over the building and began restoring it.