- 1 Is Alexandria VA a good place to live Reddit?
- 2 What are the bad parts of Alexandria VA?
- 3 Is Alexandria a bad area?
- 4 Is Alexandria VA a good place to live?
- 5 What should I know before moving to Alexandria VA?
- 6 Is Alexandria VA expensive?
- 7 What percentage of Alexandria VA is black?
- 8 Is Alexandria Virginia a safe city?
- 9 Is Alexandria West safe?
- 10 Is West Alexandria Va safe?
- 11 What are the bad parts of Arlington VA?
- 12 Is Alexandria Va safe at night?
- 13 How much do I need to make to live in Alexandria VA?
- 14 What is the safest city in Virginia?
Is Alexandria VA a good place to live Reddit?
Yes, it’s expensive. But Alexandria is a great place to live. There are tons of interesting shops, and delicious local restaurants, lots of parks and trails.
What are the bad parts of Alexandria VA?
The most dangerous areas in Alexandria is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- King St Metro. Population 679.
- Fairlington-Bradlee. Population 545.
- Braddock Road Metro.
- Old Town.
- Old Town North.
- Potomac West.
- Seminary Hill.
Is Alexandria a bad area?
Alexandria is in the 83rd percentile for safety, meaning 17% of cities are safer and 83% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Alexandria is 15.45 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Alexandria generally consider the north part of the city to be the safest.
Is Alexandria VA a good place to live?
Alexandria is in Alexandria City County and is one of the best places to live in Virginia. Living in Alexandria offers residents an urban feel and most residents rent their homes. In Alexandria there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. The public schools in Alexandria are above average.
What should I know before moving to Alexandria VA?
So, here are the top 10 things that you need to know about living in Alexandria VA.
- Bustling Job Market.
- Amazon’s new headquarters.
- Old Town Alexandria Still Feels Fresh.
- Amazing Dining Opportunities.
- Easy Access to the Rest of the DMV.
- Local Art is Everywhere.
- Home for History Lovers Too.
- And for Nature Lovers.
Is Alexandria VA expensive?
Alexandria’s housing expenses are 133% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 3% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 10% higher than the national average. Alexandria has grocery prices that are 17% higher than the national average.
What percentage of Alexandria VA is black?
Non-Hispanic Black or African American residents represent 21 percent of the City’s population, followed by Hispanic residents at 17 percent. The non-Hispanic white share of residents in Alexandria is smaller than the share in the United States overall.
Is Alexandria Virginia a safe city?
Alexandria Ranks #2 as Safest City in the U.S. for 2019 Let’s start with exceptional news. Within the context of 200 cities in America with similar size and demographics, Alexandria was ranked in 2019 as the 2nd Safest City in the United States according to research conducted by SmartAsset.
Is Alexandria West safe?
Along with its calm atmosphere, Alexandria West provides a safe community, educational opportunities at Northern Virginia Community College, and easy access to the rest of the city and Washington, DC via I-395 and VA-7.
Is West Alexandria Va safe?
The area is affordable, safe, and bordering Arlington and it’s nightlife. The commute to DC is a maximum of 45 minutes tops during rush hour and 10 minutes during non-rush hour. Very important to those of us who commuted to the city on a daily basis.
What are the bad parts of Arlington VA?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Arlington, VA
- Columbia Heights West. Population 7,525. 0 %
- Forest Glen. Population 410. 0 %
- Columbia Forest. Population 6,314. 0 %
- Columbia Heghts. Population 6,804. 0 %
- Penrose. Population 4,688. 0 %
- Douglas Park. Population 10,166. 0 %
- Glencarlyn. Population 2,195. 0 %
- Buckingham. Population 5,489. 0 %
Is Alexandria Va safe at night?
old town is perfectly safe at night. it’s actually usually fairly crowded on king street, but it’s a lovely area for dinner and walking around before or after. just use common sense as you are in a large city, but you and your family should be fine! have fun, old town is one of my favorite areas in DC! 2.
How much do I need to make to live in Alexandria VA?
The group estimates a family of two adults and two children in the City of Alexandria would need to earn a combined $105,239 per year — or $8,770 a month — to live comfortably.
What is the safest city in Virginia?
Here are the 10 safest cities in Virginia for 2021
- Buena Vista.
- Manassas Park.