- 1 How far is Alexandria Louisiana from the Texas border?
- 2 How far is Alexandria from Dallas?
- 3 How far is Alexandria LA from the coast?
- 4 What is the closest beach to Alexandria Louisiana?
- 5 What is the prettiest beach in Louisiana?
- 6 Why are there no beaches in Louisiana?
- 7 What ocean is closest to Louisiana?
How far is Alexandria Louisiana from the Texas border?
303 miles / 488 km Alexandria to Dallas drive.
How far is Alexandria from Dallas?
The distance between Dallas and Alexandria is 277 miles.
How far is Alexandria LA from the coast?
There are 291.06 miles from Alexandria to Gulf Shores in southeast direction and 371 miles (597.07 kilometers) by car, following the I-10 route. Alexandria and Gulf Shores are 6 hours 9 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Alexandria, LA to Gulf Shores, AL.
What is the closest beach to Alexandria Louisiana?
NORTH BEACH – LAKE CHARLES is situated 85.37 mi to the SW of Alexandria Louisiana.
What is the prettiest beach in Louisiana?
8 Best Beaches in Louisiana
- Rutherford Beach. Credit: AtHouse Studio via Pexels.com.
- Cypremort Point Beach. Credit: Rischard Byrd via Flickr.com.
- Grand Isle Beach. Credit: Louisiana GOHSEP via Flickr.com.
- Holly Beach.
- North Beach.
- Fontainebleau State Park.
- Lake Claiborne State Park.
- White Sands Lake Day Beach.
Why are there no beaches in Louisiana?
Because of the Mississippi river there is a large amount of silt that is in the water. This causes the water to be very dark and brown as well as the “sand” to be a mixture of silt and sand.
What ocean is closest to Louisiana?
The Gulf Coast of the United States is the coastline along the Southern United States where they meet the Gulf of Mexico. The coastal states that have a shoreline on the Gulf of Mexico are Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida, and these are known as the Gulf States.