- 1 Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
- 2 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
- 3 Is Alexandria Bay NY Safe?
- 4 What lake is Alexandria Bay on?
- 5 Are there beaches in Alexandria?
- 6 What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
- 7 What is there to do in the 1000 Islands?
- 8 How much does it cost to tour Boldt Castle?
- 9 Is Alexandria Bay NY A good place to live?
- 10 Can you stay overnight at Boldt Castle?
- 11 Can you eat at Boldt Castle?
- 12 Can you go inside Boldt Castle?
Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
The Alexandria Bay Public Beach is a sandy beach located near the business district of Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River. The beach is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and lifeguards are present throughout the summer.
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
Top Attractions in Alexandria Bay
- Boldt Castle and Yacht House. 1,970. History Museums.
- Thousand Islands. 545. Islands.
- Heart Island. 200. Islands.
- Thousand Islands Bridge. 221. Bridges.
- Thousand Islands Winery. 241. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Wellesley Island. 163. State Parks • Islands.
- Boldt Yacht House. 171.
- Scenic View Park. Parks.
Is Alexandria Bay NY Safe?
Is Alexandria Bay, NY Safe? The A- grade means the rate of crime is lower than the average US city. Alexandria Bay is in the 84th percentile for safety, meaning 16% of cities are safer and 84% of cities are more dangerous.
What lake is Alexandria Bay on?
Lake of the Isles – A bay in Wellesley Island partly in the north part of Alexandria.
Are there beaches in Alexandria?
Alexandria: A Multitude of Sea Shores There are several exquisite beaches within the city and further down its coastline towards Marsa Matruh. Accessed from Al Montaza, The Palace Beach is the perfect location for fishing and a relaxing stroll or a romantic meander with your loved one.
What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
Fall is low-key and the best time to visit the 1000 Islands Region because it’s still warm, more beautiful than ever and it lacks the crowds of summer.
What is there to do in the 1000 Islands?
Here’s just a few of things worth doing while your visiting the Thousand Islands!
- Visit World Class Boldt Castle!
- Visit Historic Singer Castle.
- Tour 1000 Islands Wineries and Distilleries.
- Charter a Fishing Guide on the St.
- Visit Wellesley Island State Park’s Nature Center.
- Enjoy a Boat Cruise Aboard Uncle Sam Boat Tours.
How much does it cost to tour Boldt Castle?
Adult – $6.00 (13+ years) Child – $4.00 (5-12 years) Infant – $0.00 (4 years and under) US Funds** A shuttle from Heart Island provides access to the Boldt Castle Yacht House.
Is Alexandria Bay NY A good place to live?
Living in Alexandria Bay offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Alexandria Bay there are a lot of bars and restaurants. Many families and young professionals live in Alexandria Bay and residents tend to lean conservative.
Can you stay overnight at Boldt Castle?
Boldt Castle is only open to the public during the day; there are no facilities for overnight accommodations. Fortunately, the nearby town of Alexandria Bay features a number of lodgings as well as restaurants serving guests to the Thousand Islands region.
Can you eat at Boldt Castle?
No food or drink is allowed inside any of the buildings. No smoking on any dock or in any of the buildings. All firearms and weapons are restricted from the Boldt Facilities with the exception of local, state and federal law enforcement personnel.
Can you go inside Boldt Castle?
We are open daily through October 11th for the 2021 season! In fact, the Castles’ legendary beauty nestled among the St Lawrence Rivers’ 1000 Islands will keep you returning year after year!