- 1 Is Alexandria VA a safe place to visit?
- 2 Is Virginia Beach worth visiting?
- 3 Is Virginia Beach Safe?
- 4 Is Alexandria VA expensive?
- 5 How dangerous is Alexandria VA?
- 6 How far is Williamsburg VA to the beach?
- 7 What is the closest city to Virginia Beach?
- 8 How far is Richmond Virginia to the beach?
- 9 Is Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach Better?
- 10 What’s better Virginia Beach or Ocean City?
- 11 What is the best time to go to Virginia Beach?
- 12 What are the bad areas in Virginia Beach?
- 13 Are there bad areas of Virginia Beach?
- 14 Where is the safest place in Virginia Beach?
Is Alexandria VA a safe place to visit?
Alexandria has one of the lowest traffic death rates at under four per 100,000 residents. The city also ranks high for having low property and violent crime. This is SmartAsset’s fourth annual study of the safest cities in America.
Is Virginia Beach worth visiting?
Known for its outstanding beaches, Virginia Beach is a haven for summer vacationers, particularly families, who come to swim in the ocean and bask in the sunshine. The casual atmosphere and relaxed pace make it a great getaway or holiday destination.
Is Virginia Beach Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Virginia Beach is 1 in 53. Based on FBI crime data, Virginia Beach is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Virginia, Virginia Beach has a crime rate that is higher than 79% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Alexandria VA expensive?
Alexandria’s housing expenses are 133% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 3% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 10% higher than the national average. Alexandria has grocery prices that are 17% higher than the national average.
How dangerous is Alexandria VA?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Alexandria is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Alexandria is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Virginia, Alexandria has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
How far is Williamsburg VA to the beach?
Virginia Beach is a resort city with more than 35 miles of waterfront property. It sits at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay about 60 miles southeast of Williamsburg.
What is the closest city to Virginia Beach?
Major cities near Virginia Beach, VA
- 17 miles to Norfolk, VA.
- 18 miles to Chesapeake, VA.
- 154 miles to Washington, DC.
- 165 miles to Raleigh, NC.
- 172 miles to Baltimore, MD.
- 172 miles to Durham, NC.
- 218 miles to Greensboro, NC.
- 219 miles to Philadelphia, PA.
How far is Richmond Virginia to the beach?
There are 93.26 miles from Richmond to Virginia Beach in southeast direction and 107 miles (172.20 kilometers) by car, following the I-64 E route. Richmond and Virginia Beach are 1 hour 45 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach Better?
Myrtle Beach has a slightly better beach, Virginia Beach has slightly more to do. The price is about the same depending on where you stay and what you do in both places, but the weather is slightly warmer on average in Myrtle Beach. Virginia Beach tends to be more crowded, but only slightly.
What’s better Virginia Beach or Ocean City?
If you want a more relaxed beach experience where bike riding is allowed all day and night and you can ride horses on the beach. I would choose Virginia Beach. If you need a little more action and amusement then Ocean City is the place for you. Both are good choices.
What is the best time to go to Virginia Beach?
The best time to visit Virginia Beach is from late May to early September, when you’ll experience oceanfront culture in full swing.
What are the bad areas in Virginia Beach?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Virginia Beach, VA
- Northeast. Population 67,163. 189 % Violent Crimes 374 crimes / 100k people.
- North Central. Population 25,176. 164 %
- Northwest. Population 73,160. 142 %
- Dam Neck Naval Air Station. Population 4,046. 118 %
- US Navy Little Creek Amphibious Base. Population 4,905. -47 %
Are there bad areas of Virginia Beach?
The rate of crime in the Virginia Beach metro area is 33.69 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. Your chance of being a victim of crime in the Virginia Beach metro area may be as high as 1 in 12 in the east neighborhoods, or as low as 1 in 59 in the southeast part of the metro area.
Where is the safest place in Virginia Beach?
Below are 10 of the safest neighborhoods in Virginia Beach.
- Chesapeake Beach. Population: 244,835.
- Green Run. Population: 4,305.
- Kempsville. Population: 76,716.
- Pembroke Manor. Population: 63,659.
- Princess Anne. Population: 79,702.
- Pungo. Population: 4,263.
- Oceanfront. Population: 42,776.
- Northeast Virginia Beach. Population: 49,974.