- 1 What is Clayton NY known for?
- 2 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
- 3 Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
- 4 Does Alexandria Bay have a beach?
- 5 Is Clayton NY Safe?
- 6 What lake is Clayton New York on?
- 7 What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
- 8 Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
- 9 How much does it cost to tour Boldt Castle?
What is Clayton NY known for?
Clayton is home to some of the most unique museums in the 1000 Islands, including the renowned Antique Boat Museum. The Thousand Islands Museum, listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, houses special exhibits of world-class muskies and hunting decoys from the past and present.
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
Top Attractions in Alexandria Bay
- Boldt Castle and Yacht House. 1,970. History Museums.
- Thousand Islands. 545. Islands.
- Heart Island. 200. Islands.
- Thousand Islands Bridge. 221. Bridges.
- Thousand Islands Winery. 241. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Wellesley Island. 163. State Parks • Islands.
- Boldt Yacht House. 171.
- Scenic View Park. Parks.
Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
The Alexandria Bay Public Beach is a sandy beach located near the business district of Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River. The beach is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and lifeguards are present throughout the summer.
Does Alexandria Bay have a beach?
The Alexandria Bay Public Beach is a sandy beach located near the business district of Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River. It is close to restaurants, entertainment, public docks, and the area’s main tourist attraction- Boldt Castle on Heart Island.
Is Clayton NY Safe?
Is Clayton, NY Safe? The B grade means the rate of crime is slightly lower than the average US city. Clayton is in the 67th percentile for safety, meaning 33% of cities are safer and 67% of cities are more dangerous.
What lake is Clayton New York on?
The town is situated on the St. Lawrence River near Lake Ontario.
What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
Fall is low-key and the best time to visit the 1000 Islands Region because it’s still warm, more beautiful than ever and it lacks the crowds of summer.
Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
Do I need a passport? Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises stay entirely in Canadian waters, so no passport is required for any of our cruises.
How much does it cost to tour Boldt Castle?
Adult – $6.00 (13+ years) Child – $4.00 (5-12 years) Infant – $0.00 (4 years and under) US Funds** A shuttle from Heart Island provides access to the Boldt Castle Yacht House.