- 1 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
- 2 What lake is Alexandria Bay on?
- 3 Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
- 4 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay in the winter?
- 5 What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
- 6 How much does it cost to tour Boldt Castle?
- 7 Can you stay overnight at Boldt Castle?
- 8 Can you go inside Boldt Castle?
- 9 Can you eat at Boldt Castle?
- 10 Are there beaches in Alexandria?
- 11 Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
- 12 Where should I go in Thousand Islands?
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
Top Attractions in Alexandria Bay
- Boldt Castle and Yacht House. 1,970. History Museums.
- Thousand Islands. 545. Islands.
- Heart Island. 200. Islands.
- Thousand Islands Bridge. 221. Bridges.
- Thousand Islands Winery. 241. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Wellesley Island. 163. State Parks • Islands.
- Boldt Yacht House. 171.
- Scenic View Park. Parks.
What lake is Alexandria Bay on?
Lake of the Isles – A bay in Wellesley Island partly in the north part of Alexandria.
Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
The Alexandria Bay Public Beach is a sandy beach located near the business district of Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River. The beach is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and lifeguards are present throughout the summer.
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay in the winter?
Winter in Alexandria Bay offers the excitement and relaxation of get-away weekend luxury resorts. Cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating, ice fishing derbies, winter carnivals and festivals and Christmas events are just a few of the activities that keep The Bay alive in the colder months.
What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
Fall is low-key and the best time to visit the 1000 Islands Region because it’s still warm, more beautiful than ever and it lacks the crowds of summer.
How much does it cost to tour Boldt Castle?
Adult – $6.00 (13+ years) Child – $4.00 (5-12 years) Infant – $0.00 (4 years and under) US Funds** A shuttle from Heart Island provides access to the Boldt Castle Yacht House.
Can you stay overnight at Boldt Castle?
Boldt Castle is only open to the public during the day; there are no facilities for overnight accommodations. Fortunately, the nearby town of Alexandria Bay features a number of lodgings as well as restaurants serving guests to the Thousand Islands region.
Can you go inside Boldt Castle?
We are open daily through October 11th for the 2021 season! In fact, the Castles’ legendary beauty nestled among the St Lawrence Rivers’ 1000 Islands will keep you returning year after year!
Can you eat at Boldt Castle?
No food or drink is allowed inside any of the buildings. No smoking on any dock or in any of the buildings. All firearms and weapons are restricted from the Boldt Facilities with the exception of local, state and federal law enforcement personnel.
Are there beaches in Alexandria?
Alexandria: A Multitude of Sea Shores There are several exquisite beaches within the city and further down its coastline towards Marsa Matruh. Accessed from Al Montaza, The Palace Beach is the perfect location for fishing and a relaxing stroll or a romantic meander with your loved one.
Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
Do I need a passport? Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises stay entirely in Canadian waters, so no passport is required for any of our cruises.
Where should I go in Thousand Islands?
5 Must-Do’s in the 1000 Islands
- Visit Alex Bay. It’s easy to see why Alexandria Bay is one of the most popular 1000 Islands destinations.
- Tour the Antique Boat Museum.
- Explore the Outdoors.
- Discover Sackets Harbor.
- Live Like a Local.