- 1 How long is the train ride from Cairo to Alexandria?
- 2 How do I get from Cairo to Alexandria?
- 3 Is Alexandria Egypt worth visiting?
- 4 Is a day trip to Alexandria worth it?
- 5 Is Alexandria Egypt safe to visit?
- 6 How much is a taxi from Cairo to Alexandria?
- 7 How many days do you need in Alexandria?
- 8 What is Alexandria Egypt famous for?
- 9 How many days do you need in Cairo?
- 10 Is Alexandria beautiful?
- 11 How far is Alexandria Egypt from the pyramids?
- 12 Can you drink alcohol in Egypt?
- 13 How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
How long is the train ride from Cairo to Alexandria?
Trains from Cairo to Alexandria The trip takes approximately 5 hours.
How do I get from Cairo to Alexandria?
There is a good inexpensive train service between Cairo and Alexandria, with most train taking 2.5 to 3 hours. Most trains leave and arrive into the main Cairo rail station, Ramses Station, and there are two main intercity stations in Alexandria, the Misr Station (primary) and the Sidi Garber station.
Is Alexandria Egypt worth visiting?
Literally. If you happen to find yourself in Cairo and have one more day to spare, Alexandria in Egypt is worth a visit. Unlike Giza, it does not have momentous monuments like the Pyramids to show for, but it does have a great waterfront view, and is a refuge from the chaos of downtown Cairo.
Is a day trip to Alexandria worth it?
Yes, Alexandria is worth a day trip although, as others have pointed out, it will be a long day (even if you decline the visits to a Papyrus Institute, alabaster factory, perfume shop and souvenir shop – all time-wasters that earn commission for your guide).
Is Alexandria Egypt safe to visit?
Alexandria is somewhat safe and although there is some crime in this city, it’s mostly petty crime and rarely violent. Pickpockets are a problem in Egypt’s major cities, like Alexandria. When it comes to violent crime, it is rare, and you shouldn’t worry too much about being mugged or robbed.
How much is a taxi from Cairo to Alexandria?
The quickest way to get from Cairo to Alexandria is to taxi which costs $25 – $31 and takes 2h 6m.
How many days do you need in Alexandria?
Most people who visit Alexandria tend to spend around 2 days, whether it’s a weekend trip for Cairenes who are eye-starved for a little Mediterranean Sea, or tourists who dedicate a couple of days out of their larger 2 week Egypt itinerary.
What is Alexandria Egypt famous for?
Hellenistic Alexandria was best known for the Lighthouse of Alexandria (Pharos), one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World; its Great Library (the largest in the ancient world); and the Necropolis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages.
How many days do you need in Cairo?
3 days is the perfect amount of time to see the city of Cairo. Here are the best of what you’ll see during your 3 days in Cairo.
Is Alexandria beautiful?
This beautiful city on the Mediterranean simply resonates with the richness of its history and culture, and Egypt’s second largest city maintains an atmospheric juxtaposition between old and new.
How far is Alexandria Egypt from the pyramids?
The distance between Alexandria and The Great Pyramid at Giza is 179 km. The road distance is 211.9 km.
Can you drink alcohol in Egypt?
Egyptian laws towards alcohol are quite liberal compared with that of most Islamic countries, except for the month of Ramadan when alcohol is strictly forbidden and only holders of foreign passports are allowed to buy alcohol. The legal drinking age in Egypt is 21.
How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
7 Ways to Spend 48 Hours in Alexandria, Virginia
- Explore Old Town Alexandria. Explore Old Town Alexandria.
- Visit the Torpedo Factory Art Center.
- Stroll Along the Potomac River Waterfront.
- Have Dinner on the Water.
- Visit George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
- Explore the City’s History.
- Have Dinner at Gadsby’s Tavern.