- 1 Is my computer compatible with LockDown Browser?
- 2 Does LockDown Browser look at other devices?
- 3 What browser does LockDown Browser use?
- 4 Can professors see you on LockDown Browser?
- 5 Can you cheat with Respondus LockDown Browser?
- 6 Does Windows 10 home work with LockDown Browser?
- 7 Can respondus tell if you use your phone?
- 8 Does respondus Monitor eye movement?
- 9 How do you cheat on LockDown browser test?
- 10 Can students cheat with lockdown browser?
- 11 Can lockdown browser see you without webcam?
- 12 Does LockDown browser track your eyes?
- 13 Does LockDown browser tell you if you get flagged?
- 14 Does respondus tell the student if they are flagged?
Is my computer compatible with LockDown Browser?
LockDown Browser System Requirements Operating Systems Windows: 10, 8, 7, Vista Mac: OS X 10.7 or higher iOS: 7.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration.
Does LockDown Browser look at other devices?
A lockdown browser does not detect cell phones and other secondary devices, such as a tablet. Most students have secondary devices and while their primary device may be proctored by a lockdown browser, they can easily access the internet from another device to look up test answers during a lockdown browser exam.
What browser does LockDown Browser use?
Respondus LockDown Browser provides a custom interface for the Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari (Macintosh) software that is already installed on a computer.
Can professors see you on LockDown Browser?
Your instructor will let you know if an online exam requires the Respondus LockDown Browser application.
Can you cheat with Respondus LockDown Browser?
Can you be caught cheating on LockDown Browser? You can be caught cheating on the LockDown browser. The browser achieves this by using the webcam to detect any suspicious activity that can be interpreted as cheating attempts.
Does Windows 10 home work with LockDown Browser?
Respondus LockDown Browser is not compatible with PCs running Windows 10 in S mode. Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store.
Can respondus tell if you use your phone?
Respondus lockdown browser cannot detect mobile phones or mobile devices because it is designed to operate in a computer and apply the webcam. By functionality, Repondus monitor can only help record students during an examination using webcams.
Does respondus Monitor eye movement?
Respondus LockDown Browser monitors eye movements. This is achieved through the use of the computer’s webcam. When starting the exam/test session, a student is required to position their webcam in such a way that it fully captures their face, including eyes.
How do you cheat on LockDown browser test?
How You Can Cheat With Respondus LockDown Browser
- Use ALT+Tab. The best and reliable method to get around the Respondus LockDown Browser while taking an examination is the use of ALT+Tab keys.
- Use Desktops.exe. Use Desktops.exe.
- Use Another Device.
- Use Virtual Machine.
- Use Second User on MAC.
Can students cheat with lockdown browser?
Basically, students cannot cheat when they are doing exams, tests, assignments or assessments through a lockdown browser. This is because it disables all other activities on the computer and leaves no room for copying or searching for answers.
Can lockdown browser see you without webcam?
The webcam functionality is designed for non-proctored environments. Respondus Lockdown Browser with Monitor enabled does not have an explicit exception function to allow an instructor to allow students to take the test without the webcam enabled.
Does LockDown browser track your eyes?
Once a student starts the exams their webcam will begin to record the student. Any suspicious behavior is automatically flagged. Respondus will record student movements and will automatically flag the exam if a student leaves the view, if their eyes wander, or if another person comes into the screen.
Does LockDown browser tell you if you get flagged?
However, when using Respondus’ Lock Down Browser and Monitor you will be able to review specific statistics, incident flags, and video regarding the students attempt. Flagged events are when the student left the screen, a different student was seen on the screen or multiple people were visible on the screen.
Does respondus tell the student if they are flagged?
1) Flags aren’t cheating. Flagged events and the Review Priority value don’t determine whether a student has cheated or not. If a student’s face is turned away from the webcam or heavily cropped in the video (e.g. you can only see the student’s eyes and forehead), facial detection rates will drop.