- 1 What to do in alexandria Bay in the winter?
- 2 Is Alexandria Bay NY Open?
- 3 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
- 4 What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
- 5 Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
- 6 Can you stay overnight at Boldt Castle?
- 7 Can you eat at Boldt Castle?
- 8 How much does it cost to stay at Singer Castle?
- 9 Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
- 10 Where should I go in Thousand Islands?
- 11 What lake is Alexandria Bay on?
- 12 Is 1000 Islands worth visiting?
- 13 How far is Thousand Islands from Niagara Falls?
- 14 Is Thousand Islands Open now?
What to do in alexandria Bay in the winter?
Winter in Alexandria Bay offers the excitement and relaxation of get-away weekend luxury resorts. Cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating, ice fishing derbies, winter carnivals and festivals and Christmas events are just a few of the activities that keep The Bay alive in the colder months.
Is Alexandria Bay NY Open?
We are open daily through October 11th for the 2021 season! Today Boldt Castle, located near Alexandria Bay, NY in the famed 1000 Islands is once again becoming what it was always meant to be, the premier home and attraction in the region.
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
Top Attractions in Alexandria Bay
- Boldt Castle and Yacht House. 1,970. History Museums.
- Thousand Islands. 545. Islands.
- Heart Island. 200. Islands.
- Thousand Islands Bridge. 221. Bridges.
- Thousand Islands Winery. 241. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Wellesley Island. 163. State Parks • Islands.
- Boldt Yacht House. 171.
- Scenic View Park. Parks.
What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
Fall is low-key and the best time to visit the 1000 Islands Region because it’s still warm, more beautiful than ever and it lacks the crowds of summer.
Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
Do I need a passport? Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises stay entirely in Canadian waters, so no passport is required for any of our cruises.
Can you stay overnight at Boldt Castle?
Boldt Castle is only open to the public during the day; there are no facilities for overnight accommodations. Fortunately, the nearby town of Alexandria Bay features a number of lodgings as well as restaurants serving guests to the Thousand Islands region.
Can you eat at Boldt Castle?
No food or drink is allowed inside any of the buildings. No smoking on any dock or in any of the buildings. All firearms and weapons are restricted from the Boldt Facilities with the exception of local, state and federal law enforcement personnel.
How much does it cost to stay at Singer Castle?
You will stay in the best room in the castle – with lavish decor and breathtaking views. You can rent the entire island exclusively for weddings, family celebrations or business conferences. USD 700 plus tax per night for the VIP suite, including breakfast and dinner.
Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
The Alexandria Bay Public Beach is a sandy beach located near the business district of Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River. The beach is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and lifeguards are present throughout the summer.
Where should I go in Thousand Islands?
5 Must-Do’s in the 1000 Islands
- Visit Alex Bay. It’s easy to see why Alexandria Bay is one of the most popular 1000 Islands destinations.
- Tour the Antique Boat Museum.
- Explore the Outdoors.
- Discover Sackets Harbor.
- Live Like a Local.
What lake is Alexandria Bay on?
Lake of the Isles – A bay in Wellesley Island partly in the north part of Alexandria.
Is 1000 Islands worth visiting?
The Thousand Islands are a fantastic destination for families, with over 8,000 acres of Thousand Islands Land Trust and more than 30 miles worth of walking trails which are open to the public all year round. The wealth of options means you’ll find somewhere perfect the whole family – plus friends – to stay.
How far is Thousand Islands from Niagara Falls?
Yes, the driving distance between Niagara Falls to Thousand Islands is 390 km. It takes approximately 4h 22m to drive from Niagara Falls to Thousand Islands.
Is Thousand Islands Open now?
With good news about the Phase 3 re-opening here in Ontario, we are now offering Public Cruises aboard the Island Queen up to a maximum of 50 passengers, beginning on July 17, 2020.