- 1 Is Alexandria, LA a good place to live?
- 2 What was Alexandria Louisiana named after?
- 3 Who founded Alexandria, LA?
- 4 How far is Alexandria, LA from the Gulf of Mexico?
- 5 What is the safest town in Louisiana?
- 6 Is Alexandria safe to visit?
- 7 What percentage of Alexandria Louisiana is black?
- 8 Where is Alexandria in the Middle East?
- 9 What Ward is Alexandria?
- 10 Why was Alexandria built?
- 11 How big is Alexandria Egypt?
Is Alexandria, LA a good place to live?
It’s a great place to call home. You won’t be disappointed choosing to live here. Alexandria is a relatively small city with approximately 45,000 residents. Many businesses are closing and crime is increasing.
What was Alexandria Louisiana named after?
It was laid out (1805) at the rapids that then marked the head of river navigation and was named for the daughter of Alexander Fulton, on whose Spanish land grant the first settlement was made in the 1780s.
Who founded Alexandria, LA?
The location of Alexandria is near a point where rapids once obstructed navigation on the river. The French built a fort in the 1720’s to guard the portage around the rapids. A wealthy landowner, Alexander Fulton, laid out the city in 1805 and named it after his daughter.
How far is Alexandria, LA from the Gulf of Mexico?
Distance from Alexandria, LA to Gulf Shores, AL There are 291.06 miles from Alexandria to Gulf Shores in southeast direction and 371 miles (597.07 kilometers) by car, following the I-10 route. Alexandria and Gulf Shores are 6 hours 9 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What is the safest town in Louisiana?
Town in West Baton Rouge tops the list of ‘Safest Cities’ in Louisiana; Youngsville ranks third
- It had only 1 incident of property crime in the last year.
- It was the only city to have under 10 incidents of violent crime in the last year, all of which were aggravated assault.
Is Alexandria safe to visit?
Alexandria is in the 12th percentile for safety, meaning 88% of cities are safer and 12% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Alexandria is 57.88 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What percentage of Alexandria Louisiana is black?
According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Alexandria was: Black or African American: 55.29%
Where is Alexandria in the Middle East?
Alexandria is located in the country of Egypt, on the southern coast of the Mediterranean. It is in the Nile delta area.
What Ward is Alexandria?
Alexandria Ward One, Rapides Parish, Louisiana Alexandria Ward One is a cultural feature (civil) in Rapides Parish. The primary coordinates for Alexandria Ward One places it within the LA 71301 ZIP Code delivery area.
Why was Alexandria built?
The present site of Alexandria was a natural one for settlement due to its location on the Red River in Central Louisiana. Fulton and Miller thus acquired thousands of acres that they then resold to settlers who were attracted to the rich lands along Bayou Rapides, Bayou Robert and Bayou Beouf in the Alexandria area.
How big is Alexandria Egypt?