- 1 What is the main street in Old Town Alexandria?
- 2 What is considered Old Town Alexandria?
- 3 How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
- 4 What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
- 5 What is there to do in Alexandria Covid?
- 6 What time are fireworks in Old Town Alexandria?
- 7 What is there to do in Old Town Alexandria at night?
What is the main street in Old Town Alexandria?
1. Stroll the King Street Mile, one of the “Great Streets” of America. Centuries-old architecture, brick-lined streets, cobblestone alleys and a canopy of twinkling lights during the holidays make strolling King Street the #1 thing to do in Alexandria.
What is considered Old Town Alexandria?
Old Town is Alexandria’s beloved downtown and nationally designated historic district on the Potomac River waterfront. The King Street Mile and surrounding brick-lined sidewalks are studded with centuries-old architecture, historic attractions and independent businesses.
How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
Where should I go if I only have one day in Alexandria?
- Visit Pompey’s Pillar and Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa (within walking distance of each other),
- See the Citadel of Qaitbay (outside only)
- Walk around the harbor area near the citadel and have lunch at a local seafood restaurant.
What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
So here are the main players in Alexandria’s nightlife, in no particular order:
- Spitfire. Photo credit: Nadia Mounir.
- Eros. Newly opened in 2019, Eros is a restobar on the second floor of the Alexandria Syrian Club.
- Cap D’Or (Sheikh Ali) Photo credit: Quinton Miller.
- The Pint.
- NEO Lounge.
- Sky Roof.
- Deja Vu.
What is there to do in Alexandria Covid?
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon: Now open.
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum: Now open Fri-Sun.
- Alexandria Black History Museum: Closed.
- Alexandria’s History Museum at The Lyceum: Now open Thu-Sat.
- Carlyle House: Now open Thu-Tue.
- Fort Ward Museum and Historic Site: Park open but museum closed.
- Freedom House: Closed.
What time are fireworks in Old Town Alexandria?
The City of Alexandria will celebrate its 272nd and the USA’s 245th birthday on Saturday, July 10, with a performance by the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra ending with a Grand Finale fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. To limit crowds and prevent the spread of COVID-19, this year’s fireworks display has been repositioned to
What is there to do in Old Town Alexandria at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Alexandria, VA
- Parade of Lights. 6.9 mi. 1 review.
- The Magic Duel. 8.1 mi. 126 reviews.
- Shadowland Laser Adventures. 1.8 mi. Amusement Parks, Arcades, Laser Tag.
- Escape Room Live Alexandria. 2.8 mi.
- The View of DC. 7.0 mi.
- Bayou Room. 3.2 mi.
- International Spy Museum. 7.2 mi.
- Cool Cow Comedy. 10.8 mi.