- 1 How do I get from Cairo to Alexandria?
- 2 How much is a train ticket from Cairo to Alexandria?
- 3 Is Alexandria Egypt worth visiting?
- 4 How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
- 5 Is a day trip to Alexandria worth it?
- 6 How many days do you need in Alexandria?
- 7 How many days do you need in Cairo?
- 8 How many days in Luxor is enough?
- 9 How safe is Cairo?
- 10 Can I wear jeans in Egypt?
- 11 Can you drink alcohol in Egypt?
- 12 How far is Alexandria Egypt from the pyramids?
- 13 What is Alexandria famous for?
- 14 What is there to do in Alexandria Covid?
- 15 What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
How do I get from Cairo to Alexandria?
There is a good inexpensive train service between Cairo and Alexandria, with most train taking 2.5 to 3 hours. Most trains leave and arrive into the main Cairo rail station, Ramses Station, and there are two main intercity stations in Alexandria, the Misr Station (primary) and the Sidi Garber station.
How much is a train ticket from Cairo to Alexandria?
Alternatively, Egyptian Railways operates a train from Cairo to Alexandria hourly. Tickets cost $1 – $9 and the journey takes 4h 50m.
Is Alexandria Egypt worth visiting?
Literally. If you happen to find yourself in Cairo and have one more day to spare, Alexandria in Egypt is worth a visit. Unlike Giza, it does not have momentous monuments like the Pyramids to show for, but it does have a great waterfront view, and is a refuge from the chaos of downtown Cairo.
How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
7 Ways to Spend 48 Hours in Alexandria, Virginia
- Explore Old Town Alexandria. Explore Old Town Alexandria.
- Visit the Torpedo Factory Art Center.
- Stroll Along the Potomac River Waterfront.
- Have Dinner on the Water.
- Visit George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
- Explore the City’s History.
- Have Dinner at Gadsby’s Tavern.
Is a day trip to Alexandria worth it?
Yes, Alexandria is worth a day trip although, as others have pointed out, it will be a long day (even if you decline the visits to a Papyrus Institute, alabaster factory, perfume shop and souvenir shop – all time-wasters that earn commission for your guide).
How many days do you need in Alexandria?
Most people who visit Alexandria tend to spend around 2 days, whether it’s a weekend trip for Cairenes who are eye-starved for a little Mediterranean Sea, or tourists who dedicate a couple of days out of their larger 2 week Egypt itinerary.
How many days do you need in Cairo?
3 days is the perfect amount of time to see the city of Cairo. Here are the best of what you’ll see during your 3 days in Cairo.
How many days in Luxor is enough?
Luxor requires a minimum of 3 days IMO. There is so much to see and do so you will be on the go the whole time. I’d say the minimum time needed to visit Luxor is two days, but you can easily spend longer as there are so many sites, and it’s worth taking the time to enjoy the atmosphere.
How safe is Cairo?
In their safety and security section, the US government describes the crime levels in Cairo and Alexandria as “moderate.” Note that most crimes that target foreigners are crimes of opportunity such as pickpocketing. Cairo is a busy city with lots of tourists and most of the hotels are running at almost full occupancy.
Can I wear jeans in Egypt?
That being said, Egypt can be very hot so jeans may not be what you want to pack. Wide-leg, linen, or light cotton pants (think the elephant style pant that is so popular in Southeast Asia) will be more comfortable picks to help you keep cool in the hot weather.
Can you drink alcohol in Egypt?
Egyptian laws towards alcohol are quite liberal compared with that of most Islamic countries, except for the month of Ramadan when alcohol is strictly forbidden and only holders of foreign passports are allowed to buy alcohol. The legal drinking age in Egypt is 21.
How far is Alexandria Egypt from the pyramids?
The distance between Alexandria and The Great Pyramid at Giza is 179 km. The road distance is 211.9 km.
What is Alexandria famous for?
Hellenistic Alexandria was best known for the Lighthouse of Alexandria (Pharos), one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World; its Great Library (the largest in the ancient world); and the Necropolis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages.
What is there to do in Alexandria Covid?
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon: Now open.
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum: Now open Fri-Sun.
- Alexandria Black History Museum: Closed.
- Alexandria’s History Museum at The Lyceum: Now open Thu-Sat.
- Carlyle House: Now open Thu-Tue.
- Fort Ward Museum and Historic Site: Park open but museum closed.
- Freedom House: Closed.
What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
So here are the main players in Alexandria’s nightlife, in no particular order:
- Spitfire. Photo credit: Nadia Mounir.
- Eros. Newly opened in 2019, Eros is a restobar on the second floor of the Alexandria Syrian Club.
- Cap D’Or (Sheikh Ali) Photo credit: Quinton Miller.
- The Pint.
- NEO Lounge.
- Sky Roof.
- Deja Vu.