Can you walk around Old Town Alexandria?
Known for its walkable lifestyle, Alexandria is a city best experienced on foot. Get inspired with routes for your next amble along Old Town’s red brick sidewalks and beyond, from an architecture-themed excursion to a waterside stroll to a Del Ray mural tour and more.
What is the main street in Old Town Alexandria?
1. Stroll the King Street Mile, one of the “Great Streets” of America. Centuries-old architecture, brick-lined streets, cobblestone alleys and a canopy of twinkling lights during the holidays make strolling King Street the #1 thing to do in Alexandria.
Does Alexandria fall in Walking Dead?
In the war against Negan, Alexandria suffered considerable damage and was overrun and temporarily abandoned. After the war’s end, the survivors came back to Alexandria and started to rebuild it.
Where can I watch fireworks in Alexandria VA?
While the celebration is typically concentrated on Oronoco Bay Park, this year’s fireworks are positioned so they can be viewed from multiple vantage points along the Potomac River waterfront from Canal Center Plaza to Jones Point Park. The full program will also be broadcast virtually at alexandriava.gov.
How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
Where should I go if I only have one day in Alexandria?
- Visit Pompey’s Pillar and Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa (within walking distance of each other),
- See the Citadel of Qaitbay (outside only)
- Walk around the harbor area near the citadel and have lunch at a local seafood restaurant.
Is Alexandria VA walkable?
Alexandria has an average Walk Score of 60 with 139,966 residents. Alexandria has good public transportation and is somewhat bikeable. The most walkable Alexandria neighborhoods are Braddock Road Metro, Southwest Quadrant and Old Town.
What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
So here are the main players in Alexandria’s nightlife, in no particular order:
- Spitfire. Photo credit: Nadia Mounir.
- Eros. Newly opened in 2019, Eros is a restobar on the second floor of the Alexandria Syrian Club.
- Cap D’Or (Sheikh Ali) Photo credit: Quinton Miller.
- The Pint.
- NEO Lounge.
- Sky Roof.
- Deja Vu.