- 1 What is there to do in Alexandria VA this weekend?
- 2 Is downtown Alexandria Safe?
- 3 What is considered Old Town Alexandria?
- 4 What is the main street in Old Town Alexandria?
- 5 Is Alexandria VA worth visiting?
- 6 What time are fireworks in Old Town Alexandria?
- 7 Is Alexandria safe at night?
- 8 How safe is Alexandria?
- 9 Is Alexandria a good place to live?
- 10 What is there to do in Old Town Alexandria at night?
- 11 What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
- 12 How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
- 13 Is Alexandria VA walkable?
- 14 Does the Washington DC metro go to Alexandria?
What is there to do in Alexandria VA this weekend?
Old Town Alexandria Weekend Itinerary
- Stroll King Street. Stroll through the heart of Old Town along King Street, named one of the “Great Streets” of America.
- Toast to the Weekend.
- Dine in Historic Settings.
- Check Out Alexandria’s Sweets Spots.
Is downtown Alexandria Safe?
Safe, Walkable, Family & Dog Friendly In 2019, Old Town Alexandria was ranked the second safest city in America (SmartAsset) and one of the most walkable (Walk Score). Both essentials and entertainment are within walking distance and residents can take pride in their friendly, walkable streets.
What is considered Old Town Alexandria?
Old Town is Alexandria’s beloved downtown and nationally designated historic district on the Potomac River waterfront. The King Street Mile and surrounding brick-lined sidewalks are studded with centuries-old architecture, historic attractions and independent businesses.
What is the main street in Old Town Alexandria?
King Street is a major road in Alexandria, Virginia, United States and historic Old Town Alexandria. It extends westward from the Potomac River waterfront near the Torpedo Factory Art Center and nearby bustling tourist gift shops and restaurants, passing City Hall and the Alexandria General District Court.
Is Alexandria VA worth visiting?
It’s Worth a Visit Whether you are planning a visit to the Washington D.C. area or live in the area, Old Town Alexandria is a rare gem that shouldn’t be missed. It’s got so much to offer visitors, and once you go once, you’ll want to go again and again. With a little planning, you are sure to have a wonderful trip.
What time are fireworks in Old Town Alexandria?
The City of Alexandria will celebrate its 272nd and the USA’s 245th birthday on Saturday, July 10, with a performance by the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra ending with a Grand Finale fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. To limit crowds and prevent the spread of COVID-19, this year’s fireworks display has been repositioned to
Is Alexandria safe at night?
old town is perfectly safe at night. it’s actually usually fairly crowded on king street, but it’s a lovely area for dinner and walking around before or after. just use common sense as you are in a large city, but you and your family should be fine! have fun, old town is one of my favorite areas in DC! 2.
How safe is Alexandria?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Alexandria is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Alexandria is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Virginia, Alexandria has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Alexandria a good place to live?
Alexandria is in Alexandria City County and is one of the best places to live in Virginia. Living in Alexandria offers residents an urban feel and most residents rent their homes. In Alexandria there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. The public schools in Alexandria are above average.
What is there to do in Old Town Alexandria at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Alexandria, VA
- Parade of Lights. 6.9 mi. 1 review.
- The Magic Duel. 8.1 mi. 126 reviews.
- Shadowland Laser Adventures. 1.8 mi. Amusement Parks, Arcades, Laser Tag.
- Escape Room Live Alexandria. 2.8 mi.
- The View of DC. 7.0 mi.
- Bayou Room. 3.2 mi.
- International Spy Museum. 7.2 mi.
- Cool Cow Comedy. 10.8 mi.
What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
So here are the main players in Alexandria’s nightlife, in no particular order:
- Spitfire. Photo credit: Nadia Mounir.
- Eros. Newly opened in 2019, Eros is a restobar on the second floor of the Alexandria Syrian Club.
- Cap D’Or (Sheikh Ali) Photo credit: Quinton Miller.
- The Pint.
- NEO Lounge.
- Sky Roof.
- Deja Vu.
How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
Where should I go if I only have one day in Alexandria?
- Visit Pompey’s Pillar and Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa (within walking distance of each other),
- See the Citadel of Qaitbay (outside only)
- Walk around the harbor area near the citadel and have lunch at a local seafood restaurant.
Is Alexandria VA walkable?
Alexandria has an average Walk Score of 60 with 139,966 residents. Alexandria has good public transportation and is somewhat bikeable. The most walkable Alexandria neighborhoods are Braddock Road Metro, Southwest Quadrant and Old Town.
Does the Washington DC metro go to Alexandria?
Alexandria is connected to Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area through the Metrorail and Metrobus systems, making it easy to get to and from the sights and attractions you want to see. Travelers can buy fare cards at any Metrorail station or online.