- 1 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
- 2 What is there to do in Alexandria Bay in the winter?
- 3 Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
- 4 Is Alexandria Bay NY Safe?
- 5 What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
- 6 Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
- 7 Where should I go in Thousand Islands?
- 8 Can you drive to Boldt Castle?
- 9 Is Alexandria Bay NY Open?
- 10 Are there beaches in Alexandria?
- 11 Is Alexandria Bay NY A good place to live?
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay this weekend?
Top Attractions in Alexandria Bay
- Boldt Castle and Yacht House. 1,970. History Museums.
- Thousand Islands. 545. Islands.
- Heart Island. 200. Islands.
- Thousand Islands Bridge. 221. Bridges.
- Thousand Islands Winery. 241. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Wellesley Island. 163. State Parks • Islands.
- Boldt Yacht House. 171.
- Scenic View Park. Parks.
What is there to do in Alexandria Bay in the winter?
Winter in Alexandria Bay offers the excitement and relaxation of get-away weekend luxury resorts. Cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating, ice fishing derbies, winter carnivals and festivals and Christmas events are just a few of the activities that keep The Bay alive in the colder months.
Can you swim in Alexandria Bay?
The Alexandria Bay Public Beach is a sandy beach located near the business district of Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River. The beach is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and lifeguards are present throughout the summer.
Is Alexandria Bay NY Safe?
Is Alexandria Bay, NY Safe? The A- grade means the rate of crime is lower than the average US city. Alexandria Bay is in the 84th percentile for safety, meaning 16% of cities are safer and 84% of cities are more dangerous.
What is the best time to visit Thousand Islands?
Fall is low-key and the best time to visit the 1000 Islands Region because it’s still warm, more beautiful than ever and it lacks the crowds of summer.
Do you need a passport to go to Thousand Islands?
Do I need a passport? Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises stay entirely in Canadian waters, so no passport is required for any of our cruises.
Where should I go in Thousand Islands?
5 Must-Do’s in the 1000 Islands
- Visit Alex Bay. It’s easy to see why Alexandria Bay is one of the most popular 1000 Islands destinations.
- Tour the Antique Boat Museum.
- Explore the Outdoors.
- Discover Sackets Harbor.
- Live Like a Local.
Can you drive to Boldt Castle?
You can choose the Singer castle tour which also includes a tour of Boldt Castle. (4) CHEAPEST OPTION: Drive your car to Boldt Yacht House on Wellesley Island (find the address online). You can park there and see Boldt Yacht House for about $5/person and then take the FREE FERRY SHUTTLE to the Boldt Castle and back.
Is Alexandria Bay NY Open?
We are open daily through October 11th for the 2021 season! Today Boldt Castle, located near Alexandria Bay, NY in the famed 1000 Islands is once again becoming what it was always meant to be, the premier home and attraction in the region.
Are there beaches in Alexandria?
Alexandria: A Multitude of Sea Shores There are several exquisite beaches within the city and further down its coastline towards Marsa Matruh. Accessed from Al Montaza, The Palace Beach is the perfect location for fishing and a relaxing stroll or a romantic meander with your loved one.
Is Alexandria Bay NY A good place to live?
Living in Alexandria Bay offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Alexandria Bay there are a lot of bars and restaurants. Many families and young professionals live in Alexandria Bay and residents tend to lean conservative.