- 1 What is Holmes Run?
- 2 Is Holmes Run Trail safe?
- 3 Can you swim in Holmes Run?
- 4 Can you walk around Lake Barcroft?
- 5 Where can I fish in Holmes Run?
- 6 Where can I run in Alexandria VA?
- 7 How long is the Indian Head Rail Trail?
- 8 Can you swim in Lake Barcroft?
- 9 Is Lake Barcroft man made?
- 10 Can you boat on Lake Barcroft?
What is Holmes Run?
Holmes Run is a stream in the Cameron Run Watershed in Northern Virginia. It runs through Fairfax County and the City of Alexandria. It is a first-order tributary of the Potomac River. Its headwater is near the junction of I-495 and I-66.
Is Holmes Run Trail safe?
July 2018: Damage occurs to Holmes Run Trail in Dora Kelly Park. Access to Holmes Run Trail remains from North Beauregard Street. July 2019: Region receives historic flooding, and damage occurs to three additional areas of Holmes Run Trail. These sections of trail are closed for public safety.
Can you swim in Holmes Run?
Whether you are just starting out or an experienced swimmer, there is a place for you on the Holmes Run Hurricanes swim team.
Can you walk around Lake Barcroft?
Lake Barcroft, VA Trails and Maps Explore the best rated trails in Lake Barcroft, VA. Whether you’re looking for an easy walking trail or a bike trail like the Meadowlark Connector Trail and Ox Road Sidepath. With more than 110 trails covering 4559 miles you’re bound to find a perfect trail for you.
Where can I fish in Holmes Run?
Fishing spots near Holmes Run
- © Mapbox, © OpenStreetMap. Four Mile Run.
- Lake Barcroft. Virginia, United States.
- Tripps Run. Virginia, United States.
- Lubber Run. Virginia, United States.
- Lucky Run. Virginia, United States.
- Doctors Run. Virginia, United States.
- Lehigh Pond. Virginia, United States.
- Turkeycock Run.
Where can I run in Alexandria VA?
- Backlick Run Trail.
- Eisenhower Avenue Trail.
- Four Mile Run Park Trail.
- Holmes Run Trail.
- Mt. Vernon Trail.
- Potomac Yard Trail.
- Old Cameron Run.
How long is the Indian Head Rail Trail?
The Indian Head Rail Trail is Charles County’s most exciting recreational trail. A generous gift through the Department of Interior’s Federal Lands to Parks Program, Charles County has completed converting this abandoned railroad corridor into a 13-mile bike trail.
Can you swim in Lake Barcroft?
Generally speaking, the Lake is safe for swimming, boating and other recreational uses except those occasions noted in the Q&A below.
Is Lake Barcroft man made?
The lake is a 135-acre man-made reservoir created by a dam in the early 1900s to provide water to the city of Alexandria. The lake and dam were sold to private developers in the late 1940s, and the namesake upper-middle-class residential community was built in the early 1950s.
Can you boat on Lake Barcroft?
Lake Barcroft is a privately-owned, 115-acre lake used exclusively by the surrounding homeowners. People can launch their own canoe or kayak, but no motor boats, sailboats or paddleboards are allowed on the lake.