- 1 Is Alexandria a Greek name?
- 2 What does the name Alexandria mean for a girl?
- 3 What name is short for Alexandria?
- 4 What country is the name Alexandria from?
- 5 Why is Alexandria so important?
- 6 What does the name Lexi mean for a girl?
- 7 Where is Alexandria in the Middle East?
- 8 What’s a nickname for Alejandra?
- 9 What’s a nickname for Alexandra?
- 10 What is Lexi short for?
- 11 What is Sasha short for in Russian?
- 12 Is there an Alexandra in the Bible?
- 13 Is Alexa short for Alexandra?
Is Alexandria a Greek name?
This feminine form of Alexander is of Greek origin. Alexander the Great, a Macedonian king, gave the name to several cities in his empire, so it’s natural that babies were eventually given the name too.
What does the name Alexandria mean for a girl?
English Baby Names Meaning: In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Alexandria is: Feminine of Alexander. Defender of mankind.
What name is short for Alexandria?
Nickname – Alexandria Nicknames, cool fonts, symbols and tags for Alexandria – Alex, Lexi, Ally, Allie, Ria, Xandria.
What country is the name Alexandria from?
The name Alexandria is primarily a female name of Greek origin that means Defender Of The People. Feminine form of the name Alexander. Alexandria is the name of the second largest city in Egypt.
Why is Alexandria so important?
Alexandria was an important city of the ancient world. For more than two thousand years, it was the largest city in Egypt and was its capital for almost half of that time. It was once the center of the Hellenistic Empire, and the hub of scholarship and commerce in the ancient world.
What does the name Lexi mean for a girl?
Meaning: man’s defender. A shortened version of Alexandra, Lexi has stood on her own as a first name since the 1990s and is the most popular nickname Alexandra shorties (including Alex and Alexis).
Where is Alexandria in the Middle East?
Alexandria is located in the country of Egypt, on the southern coast of the Mediterranean. It is in the Nile delta area.
What’s a nickname for Alejandra?
- Nicknames: Alex, Alondra, Allie, Ally.
- Famous people named Alejandra: Mexican singer-songwriter Alejandra Guzmán; actresses Alejandra Gutierrez, Alejandra Fosalba, Alejandra Da Passano, and Alejandra Echeverría; Olympic diver Alejandra Orozco.
- Fun fact:
- More Inspiration:
What’s a nickname for Alexandra?
Alexandra is a unique and famous name for girls with lots of nicknames like Ada, Alex, Addie, and Alena. Alexandra is feminine form of Alexander – Defender of mankind.
What is Lexi short for?
Lexi, Lexy, Lexey, Lexee, or Lexie is a nickname or normal name of given names starting with “Alex” or another variation of the name ” Lex” (such as Alexis, Alexandra, Alexandria, Alexander, Alexandre, Alexa, Alexia, Alexi, Lexus, Lexine etc.).
What is Sasha short for in Russian?
Sasha is often the nickname used for a person whose given name is Alexander (male) or Alexandra (female). While a basic nickname like Sasha may not signify anything except familiarity, other diminutives may be used in an affectionate manner. Alexandra may be called Sashenka, which means “little Sasha” by her parents.
Is there an Alexandra in the Bible?
Salome Alexandra or Alexandra of Jerusalem (Hebrew: שְׁלוֹמְצִיּוֹן אלכסנדרה, Shelomtzion or Shlom Tzion; 141–67 BCE), was one of only two women to rule over Judea (the other being Athaliah).
Is Alexa short for Alexandra?
Alexa is a female form of Alex. It is variously a given name in its own right or a short form of Alexandra, both of which come from the Greek, Alexandros. It can be broken down into alexo meaning “to defend” and ander, meaning “man”‘ making both Alexa and Alexandra mean defender of man.