- 1 What salary is considered comfortable living?
- 2 What is the poorest city in Virginia?
- 3 How much money do you need to make to live comfortably in Virginia?
- 4 Is Alexandria Virginia a good place to live?
- 5 Is Alexandria VA a safe place to live?
- 6 How much money do you need to make to live comfortably in Northern Virginia?
- 7 Is 150k a good salary in Virginia?
- 8 What is middle class income in Northern Virginia?
- 9 How much does the average person make a year 2020?
- 10 What jobs make 70k a year?
- 11 What jobs make 60k a year?
What salary is considered comfortable living?
This popular general budgeting rule allocates 50% of annual income to necessities like housing, 30% to discretionary expenses like travel, and the remaining 20% to savings. The median necessary living wage across the entire US is $67,690. The state with the lowest annual living wage is Mississippi, with $58,321.
What is the poorest city in Virginia?
(The Center Square) – Farmville was ranked the poorest town in Virginia in a 24/7 Wall St. analysis examining small, lower-income communities where households earn much less than the nation’s median annual household income.
How much money do you need to make to live comfortably in Virginia?
We have rankings of Virginia places, county-by-county, based on affordability (see below). The group, for instance, estimates a family of two adults and two children in the City of Alexandria would need to earn a combined $105,239 per year — or $8,770 a month — to live comfortably.
Is Alexandria Virginia a good place to live?
Alexandria is in Alexandria City County and is one of the best places to live in Virginia. Living in Alexandria offers residents an urban feel and most residents rent their homes. In Alexandria there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. The public schools in Alexandria are above average.
Is Alexandria VA a safe place to live?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Alexandria is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Alexandria is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Virginia, Alexandria has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
How much money do you need to make to live comfortably in Northern Virginia?
The group estimates a family of two adults and two children in the City of Fairfax would need to earn a combined $109,192 per year — or $9,099 a month — to live comfortably. Here’s how the group breaks down that number: Housing: $1,1889 per month.
Is 150k a good salary in Virginia?
Up here, you probably want a family income over 150k to live comfortably for a married couple, and more than that if you want to also retire comfortably some day, send some kids to college, drive a decent car, pay for daycare, etc. But in pretty much the rest of VA, you can get by in a LOT less.
What is middle class income in Northern Virginia?
Northern Virginia’s middle class includes people with incomes from $43,950 to $131,380, according to Pew. On the other end, the area around Blacksburg and Radford have the lowest income range that qualifies for middle-class status, with a range of $32,658 to $97,974 a year.
How much does the average person make a year 2020?
How much did the average person make a year in 2020? A US worker typically earns about $94,700 per year. The lowest median American salary is about $24,000 while the highest average salary is $423,000, although the actual maximum salary is much higher.
What jobs make 70k a year?
Jobs that pay $70k a year
- Truck driver. National average salary: $69,074 per year.
- Police sergeant. National average salary: $69,204 per year.
- Research manager. National average salary: $69,750 per year.
- Distribution manager.
- Environmental scientist.
- Agriculture specialist.
- Radiation therapist.
What jobs make 60k a year?
20 Jobs Where You Can Make $60,000 Out of College
- Public Relations Specialist. Median annual salary in 2018: $60,000.
- Respiratory Therapist.
- High School Teacher.
- Human Resources Specialist.
- Conservation Scientist or Forester.
- Film and Video Editor.
- Compensation, Benefits and Job Analysis Specialist.
- Market Research Analyst.