- 1 Is Alexandria Egypt worth visiting?
- 2 Is a day trip to Alexandria worth it?
- 3 How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
- 4 Is Alexandria Egypt safe to visit?
- 5 How far is Alexandria Egypt from the pyramids?
- 6 Can you drink alcohol in Egypt?
- 7 Is Alexandria beautiful?
- 8 How long is the train ride from Cairo to Alexandria?
- 9 How much is the train from Cairo to Alexandria?
- 10 What is Alexandria Egypt famous for?
- 11 How many days do you need in Alexandria?
- 12 What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
- 13 What should I avoid in Egypt?
- 14 Why is Egypt so cheap?
- 15 What can you not wear in Egypt?
Is Alexandria Egypt worth visiting?
Literally. If you happen to find yourself in Cairo and have one more day to spare, Alexandria in Egypt is worth a visit. Unlike Giza, it does not have momentous monuments like the Pyramids to show for, but it does have a great waterfront view, and is a refuge from the chaos of downtown Cairo.
Is a day trip to Alexandria worth it?
Yes, Alexandria is worth a day trip although, as others have pointed out, it will be a long day (even if you decline the visits to a Papyrus Institute, alabaster factory, perfume shop and souvenir shop – all time-wasters that earn commission for your guide).
How do I spend a day in Alexandria?
7 Ways to Spend 48 Hours in Alexandria, Virginia
- Explore Old Town Alexandria. Explore Old Town Alexandria.
- Visit the Torpedo Factory Art Center.
- Stroll Along the Potomac River Waterfront.
- Have Dinner on the Water.
- Visit George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
- Explore the City’s History.
- Have Dinner at Gadsby’s Tavern.
Is Alexandria Egypt safe to visit?
Alexandria is somewhat safe and although there is some crime in this city, it’s mostly petty crime and rarely violent. Pickpockets are a problem in Egypt’s major cities, like Alexandria. When it comes to violent crime, it is rare, and you shouldn’t worry too much about being mugged or robbed.
How far is Alexandria Egypt from the pyramids?
The distance between Alexandria and The Great Pyramid at Giza is 179 km. The road distance is 211.9 km.
Can you drink alcohol in Egypt?
Egyptian laws towards alcohol are quite liberal compared with that of most Islamic countries, except for the month of Ramadan when alcohol is strictly forbidden and only holders of foreign passports are allowed to buy alcohol. The legal drinking age in Egypt is 21.
Is Alexandria beautiful?
This beautiful city on the Mediterranean simply resonates with the richness of its history and culture, and Egypt’s second largest city maintains an atmospheric juxtaposition between old and new.
How long is the train ride from Cairo to Alexandria?
Yes, there is a direct train departing from Cairo and arriving at Alexandria. Services depart hourly, and operate every day. The journey takes approximately 4h 50m.
How much is the train from Cairo to Alexandria?
There are 32 direct trains from Cairo to Alexandria per day and 224 trains per week. The journey takes approximately 5 hours and costs from 2 USD.
What is Alexandria Egypt famous for?
Hellenistic Alexandria was best known for the Lighthouse of Alexandria (Pharos), one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World; its Great Library (the largest in the ancient world); and the Necropolis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages.
How many days do you need in Alexandria?
Most people who visit Alexandria tend to spend around 2 days, whether it’s a weekend trip for Cairenes who are eye-starved for a little Mediterranean Sea, or tourists who dedicate a couple of days out of their larger 2 week Egypt itinerary.
What is there to do in Alexandria at night?
So here are the main players in Alexandria’s nightlife, in no particular order:
- Spitfire. Photo credit: Nadia Mounir.
- Eros. Newly opened in 2019, Eros is a restobar on the second floor of the Alexandria Syrian Club.
- Cap D’Or (Sheikh Ali) Photo credit: Quinton Miller.
- The Pint.
- NEO Lounge.
- Sky Roof.
- Deja Vu.
What should I avoid in Egypt?
What NOT to do in Egypt
- Don’t… ride a camel at the Pyramids.
- Do… ride a camel into the desert behind the Pyramids.
- Don’t… take a guided tour of the West Bank of Luxor.
- Do… hire bicycles and go your own way.
- Don’t… climb Mount Sinai for sunrise.
- Do… climb for sunset instead.
- Don’t… visit Philae Temple by day.
Why is Egypt so cheap?
The main reason that keeps the Egyptian currency low is the Regional Terroism. 1- The terrorism in near or Border sharing countries like Libya,Yemen, Iraq,Syria. 2- The ISIS attacks on Sinia, A north government any very imoprtant border and port to Egypt.
What can you not wear in Egypt?
There really is no dress code in Egypt for tourists. But, you should know that Egyptian men dress rather smartly and are rather conservative – both the Islamic majority and the Christian minority. You will see most men in shirts, long trousers, and leather shoes. Rather no jeans, no t-shirts.