- 1 Is Virginia Beach worth visiting?
- 2 Is Alexandria VA a safe place to visit?
- 3 Is Virginia Beach Safe?
- 4 Is Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach Better?
- 5 Why is Virginia Beach so popular?
- 6 How far is Richmond Virginia to the beach?
- 7 What is the closest city to Virginia Beach?
- 8 How far is Williamsburg VA to the beach?
- 9 Is Alexandria VA expensive?
- 10 How dangerous is Alexandria VA?
- 11 Is Alexandria Va safe at night?
- 12 What are the bad areas in Virginia Beach?
- 13 Are there bad areas of Virginia Beach?
- 14 Where is the safest place in Virginia Beach?
Is Virginia Beach worth visiting?
Known for its outstanding beaches, Virginia Beach is a haven for summer vacationers, particularly families, who come to swim in the ocean and bask in the sunshine. The casual atmosphere and relaxed pace make it a great getaway or holiday destination.
Is Alexandria VA a safe place to visit?
Alexandria has one of the lowest traffic death rates at under four per 100,000 residents. The city also ranks high for having low property and violent crime. This is SmartAsset’s fourth annual study of the safest cities in America.
Is Virginia Beach Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Virginia Beach is 1 in 53. Based on FBI crime data, Virginia Beach is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Virginia, Virginia Beach has a crime rate that is higher than 79% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach Better?
Myrtle Beach has a slightly better beach, Virginia Beach has slightly more to do. The price is about the same depending on where you stay and what you do in both places, but the weather is slightly warmer on average in Myrtle Beach. Virginia Beach tends to be more crowded, but only slightly.
Why is Virginia Beach so popular?
Also known for its flourishing local dining scene, arts and entertainment, maritime history, and family-friendly attractions, Virginia Beach features its own unique districts that offer experiences for everyone to enjoy. It’s no surprise the Oceanfront and 3-mile boardwalk is the center of the action in Virginia Beach.
How far is Richmond Virginia to the beach?
There are 93.26 miles from Richmond to Virginia Beach in southeast direction and 107 miles (172.20 kilometers) by car, following the I-64 E route. Richmond and Virginia Beach are 1 hour 45 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What is the closest city to Virginia Beach?
Major cities near Virginia Beach, VA
- 17 miles to Norfolk, VA.
- 18 miles to Chesapeake, VA.
- 154 miles to Washington, DC.
- 165 miles to Raleigh, NC.
- 172 miles to Baltimore, MD.
- 172 miles to Durham, NC.
- 218 miles to Greensboro, NC.
- 219 miles to Philadelphia, PA.
How far is Williamsburg VA to the beach?
Virginia Beach is a resort city with more than 35 miles of waterfront property. It sits at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay about 60 miles southeast of Williamsburg.
Is Alexandria VA expensive?
Alexandria’s housing expenses are 133% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 3% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 10% higher than the national average. Alexandria has grocery prices that are 17% higher than the national average.
How dangerous is Alexandria VA?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Alexandria is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Alexandria is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Virginia, Alexandria has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Alexandria Va safe at night?
old town is perfectly safe at night. it’s actually usually fairly crowded on king street, but it’s a lovely area for dinner and walking around before or after. just use common sense as you are in a large city, but you and your family should be fine! have fun, old town is one of my favorite areas in DC! 2.
What are the bad areas in Virginia Beach?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Virginia Beach, VA
- Northeast. Population 67,163. 189 % Violent Crimes 374 crimes / 100k people.
- North Central. Population 25,176. 164 %
- Northwest. Population 73,160. 142 %
- Dam Neck Naval Air Station. Population 4,046. 118 %
- US Navy Little Creek Amphibious Base. Population 4,905. -47 %
Are there bad areas of Virginia Beach?
The rate of crime in the Virginia Beach metro area is 33.69 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. Your chance of being a victim of crime in the Virginia Beach metro area may be as high as 1 in 12 in the east neighborhoods, or as low as 1 in 59 in the southeast part of the metro area.
Where is the safest place in Virginia Beach?
Below are 10 of the safest neighborhoods in Virginia Beach.
- Chesapeake Beach. Population: 244,835.
- Green Run. Population: 4,305.
- Kempsville. Population: 76,716.
- Pembroke Manor. Population: 63,659.
- Princess Anne. Population: 79,702.
- Pungo. Population: 4,263.
- Oceanfront. Population: 42,776.
- Northeast Virginia Beach. Population: 49,974.